Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Rob and the 'Breaking Dawn - Part 2' Cast Interview with Buzzine

Or watch at the source

Emmanuel Itier: I’m sure after over four years of filming and five films, you never thought this day would come. The Twilight Saga is coming to a close. For all intents and purposes, the characters are going out with a bang in this epic finale. What is it about the story of Breaking Dawn – Part 2 that is different from the films that have come before?
Robert Pattinson: Yeah, there’s a bunch of different stuff. It’s kind of… having a kid for one thing, it’s very, very different. I know when I signed on to the movies, I’d only read the first three books, and I would never have said in the fourth one they’d have a kid who also grows to be an 11-year old within about three months, and that Jacob would fall in love with her as well! [Laughs] I mean, it’s completely crazy. But yeah, that and doing kind of the vampire sex stuff… it’s all pretty crazy.

EI: We’ve heard that you and Kristen had to act out your sex scenes in first person, looking directly at the camera. It’s a pretty intimate way to shoot that sort of scene. Was that an off-putting experience for you?
RP: Yeah, we were, like, by ourselves half the time. There was just with the cameraman, and we’re sort of sitting there trying to look sexy. But I haven’t seen the movie yet, so I don’t know how it turned out.

EI: In terms of the final product, how do you feel about the arc your character has taken over these five films? You’ve taken Edward, a now iconic character in teen lit and teen film, and carried him through different stories and personal changes. Are you happy with the way your character evolved and how the series concludes?
RP: Yeah. I mean I always kind of thought… I mean, what I was trying to set up for his character arc from the first one was, he’s kind of fossilized at the beginning, and then he meets Bella and she cracks him open. He suddenly starts to feel for the first time in 80 years and then spends the rest of the movies kind of catching up to normal people, and then becomes kind of a normal guy at the end. [Laughs] It feels like quite a complete journey, I think.

EI: And how has this entire experience changed you? What do you see as being the biggest change within yourself, over the course of the last five films?
RP: I think I was kind of obsessed with being tortured at the beginning, feeling… to be an artist, you have to be so confused and in pain all the time. And I think, as I got older, I gradually learned to not be like that as much. It may not be a good thing, though! [Laughs]

EI: Twilight became an overnight phenomenon, and since the first film’s release, more teen fantasy novels have been adapted for the big screen. Do you feel at all responsible for creating this new genre?
RP: I don’t know. It is funny that… Because when Harry Potter came out, it didn’t seem like every other young adult series was being made into a movie. When Twilight came out, you cannot find a young adult trilogy which is not being made into a movie anymore, or a TV series. But I don’t really think it’s to do with me; it’s definitely [Stephanie] Myers.

EI: After being tied to such a huge project for so many years, do you feel a sense of freedom now, to do anything you want? What’s coming up next for you?
RP: I don’t know if you feel “free.” I mean I’ve been really lucky in the jobs I’ve got for next year. I’m doing another movie with David Cronenberg which is going to be cool, and I’m working Werner Herzog as well, and in January doing this movie called The Rover, with David Michôd. I’ve never done a movie which is incredibly violent before, and it’s very, very, very violent.

Via

No comments: